Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I’m Back!

Per usual, two months have now passed since my last post here.  This time, however, I have a new excuse:  password problems.  Thankfully, they’ve been resolved and I’m back on the blog. I would have hated to think that I’ve strung you along all these years just to drop you this close to the PhD finish line.  We’ve come so far together. 
I’ve been back on U.S. soil for seven weeks now—seven weeks that feel like three.  Since arriving here, I’ve done unsurprisingly little work on the dissertation (don’t tell my supervisor). After this winter/spring, the break was necessary. 
Rather than spending the days thinking of Romans 8 (aka the entire biblical narrative) this month, I’ve spent the days fishing, boating, tubing, canoeing, baking, running, climbing towers, riding tractors, motorcycling, hiking, dancing, watching fireworks, playing at waterparks, exploring towns, chatting with friends, loving on family, learning to crochet and, most importantly, meeting my new nephew, Kashton.
It’s been a fabulously full summer of fun.
I realise I’ve been negligent in posting photos this summer, but I’m going to limit my catching-up photos to those from the trip.  Somehow Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Beartooths seem more worthy of display than the Zumbro River or the suckers I’ve pulled out of it.  Only slightly more worthy, though.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like somehow I missed the announcement of this Jack fellow. Either way, so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haley2:46 AM

      As I'm not much of an 'announcer-type', there never was one. :)

      Delete