Friday, December 05, 2014

Fingers Crossed

If you’re reading this sometime on Saturday, then I’m probably currently sitting at 30,000 ft. on an aeroplane heading West, perhaps somewhere over the Atlantic. I’m heading to my first on-campus interview. Fingers crossed, it will be my only on-campus interview. This is the result of one of two interviews I had back in mid-November. I continue to await the results of the second (though I’m not terribly confident that it will amount to much).

The school to which I am headed is a top-notch school, and one that I would be honoured to serve at. I hesitate to say where it is just yet; I do enjoy a good surprise. Let’s just say though, that, according to the information I’ve been able to glean about the school and the location, it seems to be a great fit, and I can imagine myself being there for many years to come. What a novel idea!

So, if you’re a prayer, say your prayers for me on this upcoming Monday and Tuesday, December 8th and 9th. On Monday I will give a lecture to an undergraduate group of students and on Tuesday I will present a public lecture on the topic of my research here. Throughout the two days I will also meet with the President, Provost, Dean, Chaplain and a slew of other people. And every moment of every day I will be assessed.

Pray that God’s sovereign plan would be fulfilled. Pray that that sovereign plan would include me landing a job at this school. Pray that my heart for teaching, mentoring, and challenging students of diverse backgrounds and experiences will be evident to all. Pray for confidence and for clarity of communication. In a week’s time I will either be an upcoming Assistant Professor or be back at square one. Pray that God would prepare me for either outcome.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you this morning...prayed for you yesterday and this morning. You honor God with your trust of His sovreignty - by typing "Pray that God would prepare me for either outcome!" - Buy I am also keeping my fingers crossed, and toes - that you will be able
    to be yourself and present your gifting and work well, clearly, engaging! I will stop and pray for you everytime the Lord brings you to mind. Interviewing is not fun....but it can be so
    very interesting. I wish you enough peace of heart that you will find the process - a confirming experience. Blessings dear one !!

    ReplyDelete